Friday, January 2, 2009

A lover's obituary

When do I write your obituary
there’s no respite from tears,
for materialized has my worst fear
I have lost he who was most dear

Why do I write your obituary
it’ll make me think you’re gone,
while in my heart I know
you’ll wake me up next dawn

What do I write in your obituary
the more that’s said the less,
if it fails to do justice to your life
I’ll be left with nothing but regret

How do I write your obituary
the ink, my tears will smear
perhaps I should use my blood
your name has rushed in it for many years

Where do I write your obituary
I feel your presence in every place
for the love you have for me
transcends boundaries of time and space

But if I do end up writing your obituary
there’s one thing of which I’m sure,
by the end of your obituary
I’ll be joining you, my dear....

8 comments:

D. said...

Very well expressed..

the turncoat said...

oye, a pretty good abab :)

the turncoat said...

eh, high time i stop swanking of having recognised the rhyming pattern, ;)

Magic Mukul said...

I keep six honest serving-men
(They taught me all I knew);
Their names are What and Why and When
And How and Where and Who.

-Rudyard Kipling

Now we know all about an obituary

nice concept, simply expressed.
enjoyed reading it :)

mayank said...

wah wah

It sounded sing-song sing-song and i was nodding my head to some tune while i read it...i am obviously not allowed to comment on the theme or the content because poetic license is still a realistic concept

but good flow and maintained rhythm..
and ooyish passionate :P

vaibhav said...

Wonderful natural rhythm ... I enjoyed it

Divya said...

thanks everyone... im yet to write a poem whose rhyme scheme doesnt stare hard in d face :p

Captain Grim said...

I would die any day to have that written for me :) .. great write and yes im cheezy :P